.

.
IMPORTANT! We are extending the availability to order the Greg Alia - On of Ours, One of Us t-shirts Indefinitely.

Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Man of Compassion and Passion

I met Chuck Wade several years ago and learned he truly loves what he does. He does it well and is well aware of his surroundings and his community.

Chuck owns and operates EmbroidMe in Irmo and he once had a location in Forest Acres.

I have seen Chuck grow his business, moving to a little bit larger commercial space and about to do it again. He and his wife have made many sacrifices to be where they are now. That's the way it usually works, or perhaps, doesn't. They have made it work because they care about their customers and do their best to produce the results they promise.

I haven't dealt with Chuck within a couple of years, but I knew I could call on him, but I didn't deal with Chuck when I knew we needed to have some quality t-shirts made, at a small quantity for the volunteers of Team T.O.S. Instead, I dealt with another staff member and soon realized Chuck had three new staff members, which is a rather large increase for his business. I was happy for Chuck.

I didn't make a huge deal of what we needed these shirts for and I imagined we would have the opportunity to sell these t-shirts to many supporters of our cause, but I never asked for discounting as the quantity for the volunteers was rather small. 

I placed a rather sizable order with Chuck several years ago and he worked with me on design, placement and I even met with him so he could describe how Digital Garment Printing works. I also had a target piece of clothing he hadn't yet worked with and he made it happen.

In regard to the order we placed for the Greg Alia Fundraiser, EmbroidMe produced the order the same day I placed it, which is rare in this printing business.

I went today to pick up the shirt order and I didn't expect to see Chuck, but he was right there and although it was wonderful to see him again, he told me he wasn't familiar with my order at all. I showed him his (company's) work and thanked him. He had no idea what the cause was and then told me, "Hold on. We have to adjust this." He did.

Whereas, because of cost, I thought we would not be able to add to the price of the t-shirts to make them affordable and be able to have a proceed amount go to Greg Alia's family.

Now we can. $2.00 of all t-shirt purchases will go to Greg Alia's wife and family.

Thank you to Chuck Wade and the business he operates so well, and for being a patriot to his community.

Doug Ingbretsen
Team T.O.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment